Sunday, March 18, 2007

REBATES:

We probably all have be enticed to buy something we want but don't really need by the idea of a rebate. I have probably done $3,000-$4,000 worth of rebates in the last few years. Most was things I wanted but didn't really need. The free after rebate siren sings very loud sometimes. I see alot of these offers on Fatwallet, Spoofee Deals and Slickdeals web sites.

Anyway 2millonblog.com had a post a few days back about this and I thought I would comment on it also.

http://www.2millionblog.com/2007/03/how_i_handle_rebates.html

I think it is important to keep copies of everything you send in, because if you do a lot of rebates there will be issues. When I started doing this I would copy all forms and save a paper copy, I also keep an excel spreadsheet with all the info including when I sent it.

I ran across a post a while back with someone scanning all their "paperwork" to a PDF and storing that is a special folder. That is definitely cheaper than making copies if you have a scanner. You can always print out a hard copy to send it if the rebate company gives you trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should also check out http://www.boddit.com for great deals

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.